The Online Pharmacy: Answers to Five Common Questions
Research has demonstrated that the majority of people with Internet connections use online resources to get information and advice about health concerns, illnesses, and paths to wellness. Although online sources aren't a substitute for visiting a health care professional, patients who do online research often arrive at their doctor's appointments armed with knowledge about their conditions and possible treatments. More than ever before, patients are taking an active role in their own health care. It's no surprise, then, that the Internet has also paved the way for the online pharmacy. Here are answers to five common questions about the online pharmacy.
1. When is it Appropriate to Use an Online Pharmacy? Although an online pharmacy isn't appropriate for emergency medical situations, it can be appropriate for people who need treatment for conditions that do not require a physical examination by a doctor, or for ongoing treatment for existing conditions.
2. What Constitutes a Reliable Online Pharmacy? In essence, online pharmacies are a new form of medical care in the United States. A reputable online pharmacy will adhere to governmental and legal regulations, and will refer your pharmacy order and questionnaire to a certified, licensed physician. Upon receiving approval for the prescription, the online pharmacy will use trained and licensed pharmacists to fill your order. They will then complete your order using the same high-quality medicines as your local pharmacy. In addition, a reliable online pharmacy will list all of the medications it carries. For each medicine, it should list the uses for the drug, how it is taken, warnings and precautions, possible side effects, and information about potential drug interactions.
3. What are the Advantages of Using an Online Pharmacy? There are several advantages to having prescriptions filled online by a licensed pharmacy. For those who have transportation or mobility issues, not having to leave home in order to get prescriptions filled can be a blessing. Those who work during the day may also prefer the convenience of having prescriptions delivered. In addition, many people prefer to use an online pharmacy in order to avoid embarrassment, and like that no prior prescription is needed.
4. What Types of Pharmaceuticals are Available? While different online pharmacies carry different medications, a good online pharmacy will carry a wide variety of medicine. Prescriptions can be ordered for allergy medications, anti-depressants, anxiety, antibiotics, and arthritis, as well as for pain relief, skin care, and women's and men's health issues. Online pharmacies usually carry brand names like Allegra, Paxil, Propecia, Naprosyn, and Zyrtec.
5. What is the Ordering Procedure? Typically, you first select the medication you need. The online pharmacy site will then take you to a secure page, where you will enter your name, billing address, and shipping address. You will also be asked a series of health-related questions and questions about medications that you are currently taking. Once you submit your order, a doctor will review it. Once it is approved, it will be sent to a licensed pharmacy to fill. The pharmacy will then send it to you via overnight shipment; in essence, it is a FedEx pharmacy. A legal, online pharmacy with overnight FedEx delivery is a godsend to many people who are taking an active role in their own health care.
Pulse Pharmacy Articles
Pulse Pharmacy Books